Yu-Gi-Oh/Evil Dark Help

Question
QUESTION: Hi There Exo - taking a break from Dark World - I was wondering if this deck I used and i suppose many others did a while but after recently dusting it out I do feel it could perform better - and with more cards launched over the years since it probably could be more lethal but I find this build slow and it needs more speed / draw power.

3 Broww, Huntsman of Dark World
1 Dark Armed Dragon
2 Demise, King of Armageddon
3 Gaia Plate the Earth Giant
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
1 Jinzo
1 Night Assailant
1 Phantom of Chaos
1 Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
1 Valkyrion the Magna Warrior

(15)
Quote:
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Card Destruction
3 Dark Calling
1 Dark Fusion
3 Dark World Dealings
3 Hand Destruction
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Raigeki
3 Trade-In
3 Into The Void
(22)

3 Royal Decree
(3)

Extra Deck
(3)
Evil Hero Dark Gaia

+ other random cards.

Also what would you suggest for a side deck - rather than a std one what about one which if my main strategy fails could switch my main deck into something else?

any help you can give would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

ANSWER: The fact that this deck needs a Fiend and not a DARK Fiend does in fact open up a whole new way to play this deck - Infernoid.
You get the use of Reasoning to send your materials to the Graveyard, Patrulea and Decaton to act as Spell/Trap removal, and the Infernoid engine can act as a secondary Game Plan if you don't hit your Dark Gaia kill.

You'll need to fix for relatively few Normal summons so that you get the most out of reasoning - Jinzo, 2 Decaton and a single Denko Sekka should be enough.

For Draw Spells this deck gained Chicken Race - which lets you draw a card at the cost of 1000 Life Points. The upside? It's a Field Spell - searchable by Terraforming. The downside? The player with lower Life takes no Damage.
So how can we get round that? Well, as a start, you're gonna need at least 2 monsters to win by Dark Gaia (DG at 5600ish, probably Attondel at 2800) so attacking with the smaller one first gives you the opportunity to finish your opponent off with Dark Gaia's huge attack before Chicken Race can start preventing Damage.
Secondly, you'll need a way to stop Nekroz of Valkyrus anyway, and Terraforming gives you easy access to Necrovalley, which will double as both a way to shut off Chicken Race and a way to stop Valkrus.
Just make sure you win once you play it, or it'll shut off pretty much your whole deck...

As a side note: Card Destruction is currently Forbidden due to the way it interacts with pretty much every major theme in the current Game.

I've come up with this as a baseline:

3 Gaia Plate the Earth Giant
3 Infernod Attondel
2 Infernoid Patrulea
2 Infernoid Seitsemas
2 Infernoid Decatron
2 Infernoid Harmadik
2 Infernoid Pirmais
1 Denko Sekka
1 Jinzo
(18)

3 Reasoning
3 Trade-In
3 Hand Destruction
3 Dark Calling
3 Chicken Race
2 Terraforming
1 Pseudo Space
1 Necrovalley
1 Raigeki
1 Dark Fusion
1 Monster Gate
(22)

You might want to find space for the one Evil Hero Infernal Gainer, but I think this is a good start.

A conversion side deck for this would likely convert to Pure Infernoid, since you're already halfway there.
You'd go like this:

Out:
3 Gaia Plate the Earth Giant
1 Denko Sekka
1 Dark Fusion
3 Dark Calling
3 Chicken Race
2 Terraforming
1 Pseudo Space
1 Necrovalley
(15)

In:
3 Infernoid Seitsemas
2 Infernoid Antra
1 Infernoid Onuncu
1 Infernoid Devyaty
2 Galaxy Cyclone
2 Card Trooper
2 Void Seer
2 Breakthrough Skill
(15)

Which should work pretty well.
Notably once you transition you'll actually be able to use your Extra deck, so make sure you include some Xyz monsters of various Ranks!

Give that a go, see what you think!

QUESTION: hi there exo - a quick follow up question.

Recently with the ban list changes coming into effect - Ive still been using this deck as you recommended but whereas you listed  Seitsemas twice - 2 in the main and 3 in the side i decided to use 3 in the side and use 2 Infernal Gainer in the main instead

Now my question is that with the top tier decks changing and pendulum monsters now seeing more play - should i keep my Monster / Spell and Side Deck lineups the same or do they need adjustment to face the top tier decks throughout this next upcoming format - however long possible for just remove or tweak a few cards here and there or adjust it altogether in a different way?

My other Question is that without going for the Dark Gaia route - how would i change this if I needed to play Pure Infernoids - (again no budget issue or anything so no card is out of reach - except for YCS cards) so could you suggest to me a new format competitive level Infernoid deck please - because ive seen some play with Lightsworns in their mixes - others as burn others as burning abyss versions or mainly as discard ones where they use the void cards and others with a strong heavy trap line up or even anti meta alongside clear wing the synchro dragon and such -  so im stuck for which way to go if i was to go that way?

Again many thanks if you could help me out - could very much appreciate the help  

Ryan

ANSWER: With Damage Juggler now replacing Valkyrus as the Battle-Hand-Trap of choice, the Dark Gaia strategy isn't going to work anymore. Since Damage Juggler prevents all the damage from one attack, having one huge monster rather than 3-4 smaller ones is actually a liability since it gives a single Damage Juggler the ability to counter almost your entire battle phase.

I thin I'd probably go pure Infernoid From here, if you want to play this version then you'll need several ways to access Infernoid Devyaty to negate Damage Juggler:

3 Gaia Plate the Earth Giant
3 Infernoid Decatron
3 Infernod Attondel
2 Infernoid Patrulea
2 Infernoid Seitsemas
2 Infernoid Harmadik
2 Infernoid Pirmais
1 Infernoid Devyaty
1 Jinzo
1 Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
(20)

3 Reasoning
3 Trade-In
3 Hand Destruction
3 Dark Calling
3 Instant Fusion
2 Galaxy Cyclone
1 Raigeki
1 Dark Fusion
1 Monster Gate
(20)

This new Line-Up plays 3 Decaton, giving you more access to Devyaty's monster effect negation. It also now includes 3 copies of instant Fusion, which you'll usually use to special summon Decaton from the Graveyard with Elder Entity Norden and make Armades, Keeper of Boundaries or High Speedroid Chanbara to force damage through un-interrupted.
Seitsemas should be in your main deck here, as it's one of the bigger Infernoids to fuse into Dark Gaia, and has one of the better effects too.

As for an Infernoid build, pure with a Lightsworn Engine is the best way to go here. You'll get the best mill engine available to help maximise your Reasonings, while having access to powerful Level 8 Synchro and Rank 4 Xyz options with Instant Fusion.
My current base looks like this:

3 Raiden, Hand of the Lightsworn
3 infernoid Decatron
3 Infernoid Harmadik
3 Infernoid Patrulea
3 Infernoid Seitsemas
2 Infernoid Attondel
2 infernoid Antra
1 Infernoid Onuncu
1 Infernoid Devyaty
(21)

3 Reasoning
3 Upstart Goblin
3 Instant Fusion
2 Galaxy Cyclone
2 Void Seer
2 Charge of the Light Brigade
1 Burial from a Different Dimension
1 Monster Gate
1 Raigeki
(18)

1 Vanity's Emptiness
(1)

Extra:
2 Elder Entity Norden
2 PSY-Framelord Omega
1 Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Scrap Archfiend
1 Armades, Keeper of Boundaries
1 High-Speedroid Chanbara
1 Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer
1 Diamond Dire Wolf
1 Gem-Knight Pearl
1 Abyss Dweller
(15)

I'd give that a go, see what you think.

QUESTION: Sorry to keep bombarding you with these questions but a few things - like why use jinzo? granted im not using any Traps but isnt he just asking for my opponent to use for stuff like chimeratech fortress or mind control -

1) what about a side deck for either build (dark gaia and or the lightsworn version)

2) what about using the fusion infernoid Tierra? i mean if not possible in nthis deck then is it possible to make a deck based around Infernoid Tierra or not? its effect seems good but does its summonning requirements mean its unplayable most of the time to bring it out or is there another reason most people dont use it much?

just wondering. Thnx.

Answer
The whole point of the Dark Gaia version is that you opponent never gets chance to out Jinzo - Chimeratech and Mind Control are lovely and all, but your opponent has to actually have a turn in order to play them, and the deck aims to end the game on the turn Jinzo hits the field.
Jinzo has an advantage over Denko Sekka (which would otherwise be better) here in that it can be hit by Reasoning and is not a Level 4 monster (which would give your opponent an easy call of 4 to hit all possible results).

The Dark Gaia Build should be siding into the Pure Build, as your single-track strategy is unlikely to beat the side-deck cards your opponent will bring in for you.
The Lightsworn Version's Side Deck usually looks something like this:

3 Cyber Dragon Core
2 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
2 Dark Hole
3 Mistaken Arrest
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Royal Decree
(15)

As for Infernoid Tierra, the card is it's own worst nightmare. Only the last 2 effects are worth using, since the first 2 actively aid your opponent:
Sending 3 cards from the Extra Deck to the Graveyard just results in your opponent sending Dantes and Heralds of the Arc Light, and thus activating their effects. Even in the mirror this just helps fuel your opponent's own infernoids.
The Second effect is more likely to help you than your opponent, but every deck actively likes to mill nowadays, be it for Performages, Burning Abyss or Infernoid, milling your opponent is generally a bad idea.

The Third effect is fine, but allows your opponent re-use of their Performage Damage Jugglers and the like. That's largely not relevant though since it requires 8 materials, which is more than the 6 that Void Imagination allows you to send from the deck, making this effect non-economical to activate.
The Fourth Effect is obviously the best, being most likely to benefit you and only you. However it's even more impossible to access than the Third, given that you must have 4 infernoids available in addition to Void Imagination in order to activate it.

Maybe now that Nekroz have left the meta this deck can focus back on Void Imagination and Tierra can become a thing, but until the meta solidifies Tierra's not really a great call.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Exo