Yu-Gi-Oh/U.A. Tryouts Starting Now

Question
Hi Exo, I'm looking to tryout a deck that is completely alien to me. In other words it's a deck I've rarely paid attention to. That being Ultra Athletes (U.A.) Can you help build me a U.A. deck for the current format?

I have 1 card idea I would like to include in the deck. Some of my friends have mentioned that U.A. need another form of level 4 or lower normal summon to go with their important normal summon of Midfielder. Unfortunately, since Konami has stopped the support of the archetype (although I assume they'll still bring more support in the future) Midfielder is their only monsters that's not level 5 or higher. I found one card that can actually fill the void of that 1 problem and it's in the form of Elemental HERO Prisma. My idea is this:

Use Prisma's effect to send a warrior-type monster while revealing any of the fusion monsters that require a warrior-type monster as fusion material. Dragon Knight Draco-Equiste, Elemental HERO Neos Knight, and UFOroid Fighter are the only fusions I found that require warrior-type monsters. Send any of the U.A. monsters then Prisma becomes say U.A. Perfect Ace. Now you can summon your other U.A.'s in your hand by bouncing back your U.A. Perfect Ace, in the form of E HERO Prisma, to summon out your other U.A's. You may not get a Stadium effect off of normal summoning Prisma but you'll still get a U.A. like normal summon when you don't have that important Midfielder right away.

Anyway Exo, could you help me build a U.A. deck, but with the inclusion of Elemental HERO Prisma? Plus what's the basic strategy that U.A's can do because as I mentioned this is a completely new deck to me? All in all hope you can help, and I await your response.

Answer
While I can build a U.A deck for you, the combination you describe above will not work.

Elemental HERO Prisma can only send monsters that are named as Fusion Material on the Fusion Monster you reveal.

For Example, you may reveal "Dragon Master Knight" and send "Black Luster Soldier" to the Graveyard, but you could not do the same for "UFORoid Fighter", because "Black Luster Soldier" is only specifically printed on "Dragon Master Knight".

See the second ruling down on this page:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Elemental_HERO_Prisma

If Prisma worked the way you describe above, then it would already be capable of sending any monster in the game to the Graveyard via the 6 HERO Omni-Fusions (The Shining, Nova Master, Escuridao, Absolute Zero, Gaia and Great Tornado) - as every monster in the game (bar the god cards) is EARTH, WIND, WATER, FIRE, DARK or LIGHT.
It would have been played in literally every deck in history (can you imagine Dragon Ruler with Prisma able to send any Dragon to the Graveyard via Five Headed Dragon?).

Realistically the U.A deck already has 9 normal summons: 3 Reinforcement of the Army, 3 Midfielder, 3 U.A Signing Deal. You can also play The Monarchs Stormforth in order to effectively tribute summons our monsters.

My U.A list looks like this:

3 U.A. Perfect Ace
3 U.A. Midfielder
3 U.A. Mighty Slugger
2 U.A. Goalkeeper
1 U.A. Dreadnaught Dunker
(12)

3 Reinforcement of the Army
3 U.A. Signing Deal
3 U.A. Stadium
3 Upstart Goblin
3 Storm
2 Terraforming
2 The Monarchs Stormforth
2 U.A. Powered Jersey
1 Raigeki
(22)

3 U.A. Penalty Box
2 Breakthrough Skill
1 Vanity's Emptiness
(6)

The goal here is simple: Set up the combo of Perfect Ace and Goalkeeper early in the game, then utilise Stadium and Mighty Slugger to get in unstoppable 2800 ATK hits until your opponent loses the game.
If your opponent leaves the door open, say with no Spells/Traps but controlling a monster (quite common versus Nekroz) then you can end the game almost immediately through a combination of Mighty Slugger, Powered Jersey and Stadium's 500ATK boost.

Storm is there to push through 3+ traps, since you're likely to have excess Terraformings and copies of Penalty Box you can use these to Trade for your opponent's back row before searching with the penalty goes to complete your combo and win the game.

You're unlikely to need an Extra deck, but a few Rank 4s and Rank 5s should do the Trick, you never know when you'll want Volcasaurus into Gaia Dragon...

Give that a go, see what you think.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Exo