Yu-Gi-Oh/Power Breaker

If I use my Power Breaker to attack a monster with higher attack than Power Breaker and it gets destroyed, will I be able to use its effect to destroy one spell or trap card? Its text is worded where it looks like it'll only activate when my opponent attacks it or destroys it via card effect.

If we look at Power Breaker's wording:

"If this card in your possession is destroyed by your opponent's attack or card effect   and sent to your Graveyard: Target 1 face-up Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; destroy that target. If this card attacks, it is changed to Defense Position at the end of the Damage Step."

We see that only your opponent's attacks will trigger Power Breaker.
So I'm afraid attacking it into bigger monsters isn't going to help out very much.

Hope that helps.

I'm able to answer any and all questions related to the English Yu-Gi-Oh! game itself. This includes, but isn't limited to:

Deck Fixes: Either making suggestions and improvements on a deck you've already built, or building a deck from scratch for you. In either case, please give an idea of the kind of deck you're building, the level of play you're planning to use it in (small tournaments, regionals etc), and the kind of budget you're on.
Please format decks in a way that's easy to read. Each card name should be on its own line, with a number before it indicating how many you're playing. Please split decks into Monsters, Spells and Traps.

NOTE: A level of reasonability is assumed with this. I cannot build you a nationals winning deck based on monsters whose name starts with the Letter 'A' on a budget of 4($6)... Nor will I generally respond well to Questions touting "No Xyz, Synchro... etc" or disallowing cards from certain parts of the show. I haven't seen the show in a number of years and find these conditions to usually be poorly-defined.

Rulings: On any card interacting with any other card(s). Tell me the scenario, and I'll tell you what happens.

I won't be answering questions on whether a trade is fair or not, or on how much X-card is worth, as both these kinds of question can be answered by using Ebay's completed listings page.

Level 2 Judge Qualification,
Level 1 Player Management Qualification,
Konami Rules Certification 1,
Regularly Head Judges Local Events,
Tournament Wins/Top 8 placements too numerous to detail here

BSc (Hons) Degree in Mathematics