Yu-Gi-Oh/Moon Mirror Shield and Last Counter

Hello there!

Is the effect of Moon Mirror Shield where my monster's Attack becomes equal to the battling monster's attack + 100 an effect that can be chained to or negated by say Divine Wrath or a monster's effect that negates the activation of an effect like this or is this considered an inherent effect that can't be chained to? What is the difference between inherent and non-inherent effects?

Also, does the attack increase gained from Last Counter on my Battlin' Boxer monster only last during the damage calculation or does that last while the monster is face up on the field?

The wording on your first question is  a little confusing here, since there's no such thing as an "inherent" effect.
There are only 2 kinds of "effect" that cannot be chained to:

1. Continuous Effects
2. Inherent Summons

The second type can be identified from the text "You can special summon this card (from your Hand)...", and isn't relevant here.

The first kind, the Continuous effect, is defined by an absence of a colon and/or semi-colon. Colons and Semi-Colons are the symbols used to differentiate between activation conditions, actions performed at activation and those performed at resolution.
Since Continuous effects don't activate, any effect that has a Colon or Semi-Colon in its text cannot be continuous, and thus must activate.

Looking at Moon Mirror Shield's text:

If the equipped monster battles an opponentís monster, during damage calculation : The equipped monsterís ATK and DEF become equal to the ATK or DEF (whichever is higher) of the opponentís battling monster +100, during damage calculation only

We see a Semi-Colon in Bold. Thus Moon Mirror Shield's effect activates.

So what does that mean?
Well, it means that it can be negated by cards/effects that negate the activation of Spell Card Effects (Not Spell cards, that's different).

So for Example if you try to activate the effect of Moon Mirror Shield while Imperial Order is face-up, then the effect of Moon Mirror Shield will be negated.
Note that the effect cannot benefited by Divine Wrath or the like since Divine Wrath only negates monster effects, and the effect of Moon Mirror Shield belongs to a Spell Card.

For your second question, the ATK boost from Last Counter does not go away after Damage Calculation. It's a Permanent boost.

Hope that helps.

I'm able to answer any and all questions related to the English Yu-Gi-Oh! game itself. This includes, but isn't limited to:

Deck Fixes: Either making suggestions and improvements on a deck you've already built, or building a deck from scratch for you. In either case, please give an idea of the kind of deck you're building, the level of play you're planning to use it in (small tournaments, regionals etc), and the kind of budget you're on.
Please format decks in a way that's easy to read. Each card name should be on its own line, with a number before it indicating how many you're playing. Please split decks into Monsters, Spells and Traps.

NOTE: A level of reasonability is assumed with this. I cannot build you a nationals winning deck based on monsters whose name starts with the Letter 'A' on a budget of £4($6)... Nor will I generally respond well to Questions touting "No Xyz, Synchro... etc" or disallowing cards from certain parts of the show. I haven't seen the show in a number of years and find these conditions to usually be poorly-defined.

Rulings: On any card interacting with any other card(s). Tell me the scenario, and I'll tell you what happens.

I won't be answering questions on whether a trade is fair or not, or on how much X-card is worth, as both these kinds of question can be answered by using Ebay's completed listings page.

Level 2 Judge Qualification,
Level 1 Player Management Qualification,
Konami Rules Certification 1,
Regularly Head Judges Local Events,
Tournament Wins/Top 8 placements too numerous to detail here

BSc (Hons) Degree in Mathematics