Yu-Gi-Oh/A certain ruling question on Odd-Eyes Advent.

Question
Hey Exo,

It's Brian and I want to know about Odd-Eyes Advent where it says "up to two ". Does that mean that I can ritual summon from extra deck using just one Odd-Eyes monster(example Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon)?

I just wanted to know about the ruling so I thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Brian H.

Answer
You'll have to clarify for me here. Odd-Eyes Advent does not have "up to two" anywhere in its text:

"This card can be used to Ritual Summon any Dragon-Type Ritual Monster from your hand or Graveyard. You must also Tribute Pendulum Monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels equal or exceed the Level of the Ritual Monster you Ritual Summon. If your opponent controls 2 or more monsters and you control no monsters, you can also send "Odd-Eyes" monsters from your Extra Deck to the Graveyard. You can only activate 1 "Odd-Eyes Advent" per turn."

I can give you a few rulings on the card in general though:

If you fulfil the conditions to use monsters in your extra deck as tributes then you can use any number of Odd-Eyes monsters in your Extra deck, for example:
-You can use a single Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon as a tribute for a Level 1-7 Ritual monster
-You can use 2 Odd-Eyes Persona Dragon or 2 Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon as tributes for a Level 10 dragon like "Nekroz of Decisive Armor"
-You can use 4 Performapal Odd-Eyes Unicorn as tributes to Ritual Summon Paladin of Dark Dragon (though how you'll get 4 is a different question...)

You cannot use "Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon" in your Extra Deck as a Tribute for "Odd-Eyes Advent"(even if it is face up), as Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon is an Xyz monster, and as such does not have a level while in your Extra Deck. (It's only treated as Level 7 for Pendulum summons)

As with Odd-Eyes Fusion, you can send Face-down Odd-eyes monsters in your Extra deck to the Graveyard as Tributes.

If you can clarify what you mean by your question then I can give you a more complete answer.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Exo