Yu-Gi-Oh/Rise of the Machines

QUESTION: So right now in the current meta, Cyber Dragons in general aren't very consistant and it struggles to play out well on the first turn. Cyber Dragon Infinity and Chimeratech Rampage however from the new support seem like the only decent cards of the set. I've seen many different decks - but in your view which is the most consistent to play - cybers using cyber support network, hidden technology, drei zeri etc or should i stick to the galaxy method using galaxy cards included.

Because i also thought of using gem-knights with brilliant fusion as the core engine. Seraphinite helps with the consistency for draw power from using cyber valley's effect, and to bring out Cyber Dragon Infinity out on the first turn as well. is that possible or not?

How would you  build and run a successful / competitive top tier cyber deck / close to it that can be regional worthy as well as able to take on the top decks like rogue decks / heroes / dinomist / BA / Mermail/ Kozmo Monarchs etc

edit: Heres my current build ATM

-Cyber Dragon x3
-Cyber Dragon Core x3
-Cyber Dragon Drei X3
-Cyber Dragon Zwei x2
-Cyber Eltanin
-Honest x2
-Machina Fortress x2
-Cyber Valley x3
-Solar Wind Jammer x2

-Overload Fusion x2
-Power Bond x2
-Cyber Repair Plant x2
-Upstart Goblin x3
-Machine Duplication x2
-Instant Fusion x2
-Limiter Removal
-One Day of Peace

3 Reckless Greed

-Cyber Dragon Infinity x2
-Cyber Dragon Nova x2
-Cyber Twin Dragon x2
-Chimeratech Fortress Dragon x2
-Chimeratech Overdragon x2
-Chimeratech Rampage Dragon
-Panzer Dragon x2
-Pair Cycroid x1
- cyber end dragon x1

if you could help me out with some help please than thank you

also does Nordic Relic Laevateinn work on Cyber Infinity or can Cyber Infinifty negate it ?

ANSWER: I'm not a big fan of Cyber Valley right now, since it's a normal summon that doesn't bring you any closer to summoning Infinity. It's only really useful when you have Brilliant Fusion (play Brilliant, drop Core, clear your field with Valley, activate Core) and I'm not a big fan of that either since Seraphinite isn't a machine.

I'd currently build a Cyber Dragon deck to look like this:

3 Solar Wind Jammer
3 Cyber Dragon
3 Cyber Dragon Drei
3 Chronomaly Nebra Disk
2 Cyber Dragon Core
2 Chronomaly Golden Jet

3 Instant Fusion
3 Upstart Goblin
2 Cyber Repair Plant
2 Machine Duplication
1 Raigeki
1 Limiter Removal

3 Solemn Strike
3 Rivalry of Warlords
2 Xyz Reborn
1 Solemn Warning
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Vanity's Emptiness

2 Panzer Dragon
1 Elder Entity Norden
1 Cyber Twin Dragon
1 Cyber End Dragon
2 Cyber Dragon Nova
2 Cyber Dragon Infinity
1 Constellar Pleiades
1 Number 61 - Volcasaurus
1 Tiras, Keeper of Genesis
1 Gaia Dragon - the Thunder Charger
1 Castel the Skyblaster Musketeer
1 Abyss Dweller

This deck uses Cyber Dragons, Chronomaly and Instant Fusion to maximise its chances of summoning Infinity on turn one, and then backs the powerful Machine up with Rivalry of Warlords and Solemn Strike to ensure that no funny business goes on on the other side of the table.

I'd start there if you're looking to take Cyber Dragons to Regionals. See what you think.

In answer to your second question, Nordic Relic Laevateinn states that "Cards and effects cannot be activated in response to this card's activation".
Since Cyber Dragon Infinity's effect to negate cards activates, it will not be able to stop Laevateinn.

Hope that helps.

QUESTION: 1st of once again thanks for the help with the deck - it does work well but i have a few q's i hope you dont mind answering for me please if its not too much

1) I know some builds use Galaxy Soldier but you opted against it - any particular reason as some of my opponents have whilst complimenting me on my build in my matches i play against - when asking them for feedback have said its strange i'm not playing Galaxy Soldier - so should i be or if not why not and if so do i remove anything for it or not?

2) why not use Power Bond in here - and similarly use Power Bond alongside Pair Cycroid over Panzer Dragon (and also use Rampage Dragon as well) or is that for a different build?

3) I'm considering Overload Fusion + Chimeratech OVer Dragon (1 each as additions as back upoptions - is that wise or not and similar noticing in the extra deck - theres no Chimeratech Fortress Dragon - should i use that as well or not? I figured in a Cyber deck those 2-3 cards would be included or do they hamper this deck more than i think they would help it?

4) what would be some good side deck choices for this build?

once again thanks for your help and i'd be grateful if you could help me with these q's as well.

1. My main problem with Galaxy Soldier is that it turns what's normally a 2 card combo into a 3 card one, which leaves less space in the opening hand for Traps.
It's fine to play it if you want to, you can drop out the 3 Nebra disk in order to play them.

2. Power Bond is an awful card. It costs you no less than 3 cards to activate, and is only helpful if your opponent has no cards on the board (as a 3200 Direct Attacker is not very threatening).
Compare that to if I just used the materials to make Nova, Special Summon a monster and overlay into Infinity. It uses one less card, eats an opposing monster and still puts over 4000 damage on the table.
Panzer Dragon is superior to Pair Cycroid in that if Instant Fusion gets hit by Maxx "C", then you can just allow it to die and destroy a card.

Rampage Dragon does literally nothing, which is why it's not there. Firstly it's another Fusion monster, so you'd need some kind of Fusion Spell to summon it (Which is a card that doesn't help summon Infinity on the first turn).
In addition, all the Traps that your opponent will play can negate it, so it's effect really reads "You opponent loses 1500 life points, destroy both this card and 1 'Solemn Strike' they control" which is not very good.

I dislike Overload Fusion for the reasons mentioned above, and also because without Dark Hole it's quite difficult to reliably use it as a finisher (which is it's only use since it removes your own monsters when it's summoned)
Chimeratech Fortress Dragon can replace End Dragon in the Extra Deck, you should also play a second copy in the Side-Deck for Kozmo.

I think I'd start with a Side-Deck like this:

1 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
3 Maxx "C"
2 Twin Twisters
2 Kaiser Colosseum
3 Imperial Iron Wall
1 Macro Cosmos
1 Dimensional Fissure
2 Dark Hole

Which should handle most of your matchups.

I'm able to answer any and all questions related to the English Yu-Gi-Oh! game itself. This includes, but isn't limited to:

Deck Fixes: Either making suggestions and improvements on a deck you've already built, or building a deck from scratch for you. In either case, please give an idea of the kind of deck you're building, the level of play you're planning to use it in (small tournaments, regionals etc), and the kind of budget you're on.
Please format decks in a way that's easy to read. Each card name should be on its own line, with a number before it indicating how many you're playing. Please split decks into Monsters, Spells and Traps.

NOTE: A level of reasonability is assumed with this. I cannot build you a nationals winning deck based on monsters whose name starts with the Letter 'A' on a budget of 4($6)... Nor will I generally respond well to Questions touting "No Xyz, Synchro... etc" or disallowing cards from certain parts of the show. I haven't seen the show in a number of years and find these conditions to usually be poorly-defined.

Rulings: On any card interacting with any other card(s). Tell me the scenario, and I'll tell you what happens.

I won't be answering questions on whether a trade is fair or not, or on how much X-card is worth, as both these kinds of question can be answered by using Ebay's completed listings page.

Level 2 Judge Qualification,
Level 1 Player Management Qualification,
Konami Rules Certification 1,
Regularly Head Judges Local Events,
Tournament Wins/Top 8 placements too numerous to detail here

BSc (Hons) Degree in Mathematics