Yu-Gi-Oh/Zombie deck

I am an old player who lost touch in playing the game after Synchros were put into play, I still bought packs occasionally because I love opening them and seeing if I get anything worth good money just for fun! Anyways I am trying to get back into the game and haven't done any local tournament since the release of the Pegasus Deck(lol showing my age).

So I want a deck where I can at least compete but doesn't have to be "amazing GG no RE Rekt Sun Get Good kid lul" deck more of a "I can win some and lose some" deck without getting completely stepped on by everyone there (I know some people will, I just want to be able to beat some people xD) because I realize my favorite Archetype doesn't seem as good as others(Zombie).

I am trying to keep this as budget as possible, but I want your opinions on this deck. I am intending to use this for local tournaments only or if it is competitive enough then maybe regionals as well or higher but you never know - but I do want to know what changes you would make to the deck to make it perform better.
In total of me spending on cards is about $600 I have from my 18th Birthday (maybe a little more) so I want to try to keep it around that price range.

The Zombie deck

Archfiend Zombie-Skull and Revived King Ha Des are left out on purpose due to how much they would cost and how little I use them.  I have some of the cards in the list, but a majority of them I am buying.

The following Extra deck cards I own:
Black Rose Dragon, Crimson Blader, Utopia and Pilgrim.
I added Celestial because I wanted another 6 star that is easy to get out so I can summon Pilgrim.

Zombie - Deck:

Monsters - 21

Plaguespreader Zombie x2
Shiranui Spectralsword x2
Marionette Mite x1
Uni-Zombie x3
Zombie Master x2
Goblin Zombie x3
Mezuki x2
Dark Grepher x1
Armageddon Knight x2
Red-Eyes Zombie Dragon x2
Dark Armed Dragon x1

Spells - 12

Zombie World x3
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Dark World Dealings x2
Book of Life x1
Burial from a Different Dimension x1
Allure of Darkness x1
Foolish Burial x1
Book of Moon x1

Traps - 7
Fiendish Chain x2
Call Of The Haunted x1
Mirror Force x1
Bottomless Trap Hole x1
Compulsory Evacuation Device x1
Torrential Tribute x1

Extra - 12
Celestial Wolf Lord, Blue Sirius x2
Doomkaiser Dragon x2
Shiranui Samuraisaga x3
Black Rose Dragon x1
Crimson Blader x1
Scrap Dragon x1
Number 39: Utopia x1
Pilgrim Reaper x1

*PS do i need a side deck as well or not - and if so what goes into one - normally ive duelled without one but apparently many people always have one - so what is it and what do i need in it and why - etc.

Thank you for any advice you can give

I'm not sure what your individual card budget is, so I'll show you the final list that I'd play, and then offer a few suggestions for replacements for the more expensive bits:

3 Mezuki
3 Unizombie
2 Goblin Zombie
2 Shiranui Spiritmaster
2 Shiranui Spectralsword
2 Raiden, Hand of the Lightsworn
1 Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
1 Zombie Master
1 Dark Armed Dragon

3 Instant Fusion
3 Upstart Goblin
2 Dark Hole
2 Charge of the Light Brigade
1 Foolish Burial
1 Raigeki
1 Burial from a Different Dimension
1 Soul Charge

3 Shiranui Style Swallow's Slash
3 Solemn Strike
1 Solemn Warning
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Vanity's Emptiness

This build cuts out the DARK engine altogether, since sending Unizombie and Goblin Zombie to the Graveyard isn't particularly effective given that all the Shiranui are FIRE Attribute monsters.

I've kept the Shiranui Engine to a minimum - 2 Spectralsword and 2 Spiritmaster to summon Spectralsword for instant Level 6 Synchro action (though you can also use Spiritmaster to summon one of your Synchro monsters from the Graveyard...)

Mezuki and Unizombie are both 3-ofs here, since Unizombie really gets your deck going while Mezuki is your main engine.
Zombie Master is fine as a one-of, since half your deck can summon him back from the Graveyard.

Raiden and Lyla are here to jump-start your Graveyard at the start of a game, with Lyla also doubling as instant Spell/Trap removal.

The main spells I've added are Instant Fusion and Soul Charge - then allow you to summon monsters from the Graveyard for an Instant Synchro or Xyz summon.

Traps are where the biggest changes have occurred (and where most or the changes for cost will happen)

Swallow Style is one of the best on-theme cards you have access to, since it can do the jobs of Dark Hole and Twin Twisters as a single card, while also giving you a Shiranui effect from your deck (which is an extra card destroyed with Spiritmaster).

Solemn Strike is the big expensive one. It replaces Fiendish Chain here since it destroys the monster and can Negate off-field effects and pendulum summons.
However since they cost around $60-80 each I'm not sure they're within budget.
I'd replace them with 2 Breakthrough Skill and a Torrential Tribute if not.

Your Extra deck needs to focus around Level 6 and 8 Synchro monsters, with a few Rank 4 and 6 Xyz monsters on the side (and of course, Norden for Instant Fusion)

2 Elder Entity Norden
2 Shiranui Samuraisaga
1 Revived King Ha Des
1 Doomkaiser Dragon
1 Red Wyvern
1 Shiranui Shogunsaga
1 Scrap Dragon
1 PSY-Framelord Omega
1 Crimson Blader
1 Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer
1 Abyss Dweller
1 Number 66 - Master Key Beetle
1 Beatrice, Lady of the Eternal

I have Beatrice as your Rank 6 Xyz here, since she can send monsters from your deck to the Graveyard.
While PSY-Framelord Omega is quite expensive too, it's very much worth the cost - though it can be replaced by Stardust Dragon if required.

Lastly, a Side Deck. These usually contain cards to counter individual decks in the meta.
A good start for you would look like this:

3 Maxx "C"
3 Zombie World
3 Mystical Space Typhoon/Twin Twisters
3 Mask of Restrict
3 Anti-Spell Fragrance

Give that a go, see what you think.

I'm able to answer any and all questions related to the English Yu-Gi-Oh! game itself. This includes, but isn't limited to:

Deck Fixes: Either making suggestions and improvements on a deck you've already built, or building a deck from scratch for you. In either case, please give an idea of the kind of deck you're building, the level of play you're planning to use it in (small tournaments, regionals etc), and the kind of budget you're on.
Please format decks in a way that's easy to read. Each card name should be on its own line, with a number before it indicating how many you're playing. Please split decks into Monsters, Spells and Traps.

NOTE: A level of reasonability is assumed with this. I cannot build you a nationals winning deck based on monsters whose name starts with the Letter 'A' on a budget of 4($6)... Nor will I generally respond well to Questions touting "No Xyz, Synchro... etc" or disallowing cards from certain parts of the show. I haven't seen the show in a number of years and find these conditions to usually be poorly-defined.

Rulings: On any card interacting with any other card(s). Tell me the scenario, and I'll tell you what happens.

I won't be answering questions on whether a trade is fair or not, or on how much X-card is worth, as both these kinds of question can be answered by using Ebay's completed listings page.

Level 2 Judge Qualification,
Level 1 Player Management Qualification,
Konami Rules Certification 1,
Regularly Head Judges Local Events,
Tournament Wins/Top 8 placements too numerous to detail here

BSc (Hons) Degree in Mathematics