Yu-Gi-Oh/Nekroz without Shruit Still Good?

Question
QUESTION: Are nekroz decks still competitive or rephrased still able to be played even in some way shape or form similar to how they were before? - as recently i won a core auction lot on ebay from someone for about $10 and recieved a lot of them but given how bad they were hit on the last before last list i'm wondering if its still possible to play them competitevely in the advanced format and if so how?

i know they might not be as good as before but if close to it then i'd be willing to try it out - heres a list of all the cards i have so far as a rough template

1 Nekroz of Unicore
3 Nekroz of Valkyrus
3 Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands
1 Mathematician
1 Nekroz of Brionac
2 Nekroz of Clausolas
2 Senju of the Thousand Hands
1 Nekroz of Trishula
1 Nekroz of Decisive Armor
1 Glow-Up Bulb
1 Djinn, Releaser of Rituals
1 Nekroz of Catastor
1 Dance Princess of the Nekroz
1 Great Sorcerer of the Nekroz
1 Nekroz of Gungnir
1 Nekroz of Sophia
3 Maxx C
(25)

2 Dark Hole
2 My Body As A Shield
3 Nekroz Kaleidoscope
3 Nekroz Mirror
3 Nekroz Cycle
1 Preparation of Rites
1 Reinforcement of the Army
(15)

again i dont know if i should have an extra deck and or side deck as if so i dont know what to include for them but also i know that it is
pretty basic but i do have a full playset of each card of everything in addition - Nekroz related - All Djinns / all Nekroxz cards , all ritual support etc etc

I know people say the deck is dead but i still think it can be reinvented and i've seen from your past answers that your helped others out by making decks transformed using new and inventive ways which would never have been considered before so i hope you can work your magic and help me with this as weell please .

then again i can understand if you cant but would appreciate if you could.

thanks

Maria

ANSWER: The problem with Nekroz isn't power, it's efficiency. Without Shurit and multiple Unicores the deck is often forced to make less-than-optimal moves in order to ensure that it has resources for more pushes later.
In addition, without a way to reliably summon Nekroz of Brionac, the Burning Abyss matchup becomes a slog.
Heavy Pressure is placed on Exa, Great Sorcerer and Dance Princess - and thus Brionac - to fuel most of your Ritual Summons, and where Shurit could summon anything and provide benefits too, the remaining 3 will rarely summon anything of note single-handedly.

Unfortunately the Djinn is still forbidden, so you won't get to use that trick to steal some easy games.

You're definitely going to need an Extra Deck, since Nekroz Kaliedoscope doesn't work without it, and also because Daigusto Emeral is a huge part of what keeps the engine rolling in the later game.

I'd start here:

3 Maxx "C"
3 Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands
3 Senju of the Thousand Hands
3 Nekroz of Valkyrus
3 Nekroz of Clausolas
2 Nekroz of Trishula
1 Nekroz of Brionac
1 Nekroz of Unicore
1 Nekroz of Catastor
1 Nekroz of Decisive Armor
1 Exa, Enforcer of the Nekroz
1 Great Sorcerer of the Nekroz
1 Dance Princess of the Nekroz
1 Glow-Up Bulb
(25)

3 Twin Twisters
2 Instant Fusion
2 Nekroz Kaleidoscope
2 Nekroz Mirror
2 Nekroz Cycle
1 Upstart Goblin
1 Preparation of Rites
1 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Raigeki
(15)

With and Extra Deck something like this:

1 Herald of the Arc Light
1 Armades - Keeper of Boundaries
1 H.T.S Psyhemuth
1 Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Star Eater
1 Shooting Quasar Dragon
1 Elder Entity Norden
1 Thousand Eyes Restrict
1 Number 106 - Giant Hand
2 Abyss Dweller
2 Daigusto Emeral
1 Diamond Dire Wolf
1 Castel the Skyblaster Musketeer
(15)

And see how that does for you.

QUESTION: so if the deck still had Shruit and unicore available - then how would this deck change and by that i mean how would it - the above deck list look like if i was to use it in the traditional format ? because one store within my town is holding one for someone as a charity match - all proceeds going to charity and i decided to use Nekroz there for ADV but if its still viable i might enter both tournaments with it ...  but in a OTK or Chaos / FTW environment and especially with a bigger card pool of broken cards what would need to change..?

if you could help me out with that then most appreciated once again

and many thanks for answering this for me with help

thanks

Maria

Answer
Every deck has to change massively to compete in Traditional Format, but Traditional Format still has limited cards, so you still only get one Nekroz of Unicore.
Nekroz's Issue is that it's just not able to play as many of the banned cards as the other decks - Monster Reborn and Crew just aren't that good when they can't summon any of your powerhouses.

Something like this is probably as good as you're going to get:

3 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
3 Senju of the Thousand Hands
3 Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands
3 Nekroz of Valkyrus
2 Nekroz of Clausolas
1 Nekroz of Brionac
1 Nekroz of Unicore
1 Nekroz of Decisive Armor
1 Nekroz of Trishula
1 Nekroz of Catastor
1 Shurit, Strategist of the Nekroz
1 Great Sorcerer of the Nekroz
1 Exa, Enforcer of the Nekroz
1 Djinn, Releaser of Rituals
(23)

2 Nekroz Mirror
2 Nekroz Kaleidoscope
2 Nekroz Cycle
1 Instant Fusion
1 Pot of Greed
1 Graceful Charity
1 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Upstart Goblin
1 Painful Choice
1 Preparation of Rites
1 Reinforcement of the Army
1 The Forceful Sentry
(15)

1 Imperial Order
1 Ring of Destruction
(2)

Give that a go, see what you think. you're probably better off with one of the other, more powerful Trad decks though.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Exo