Yu-Gi-Oh/Chaos Dragons Competitive again?

Question
QUESTION: Hi there - welcome back - hope you had a nice vacation

recently someone at my locals turned up with a old deck i hadnt played in a while and got me wishing to play it again - on a competitive note ... whilst its been a while since i last played it - i was hoping you could help me out by taking a look at it and hopefulyl making it better - and meta competitive against top tier decks - all i ask is that it includes DAD, BLSEOTB and is somewhat chaos related using light and dark monsters - looking back at some of your answers i was really impressed by them so i thought you could help me out. even recently I did end up coming up against a Dragon deck with the new BEWD support and I got completely smashed around it, it's actually really made me to want to run Chaos Dragon's again, but then again I know they can't hold up in this meta, any advice to make a C Dragon's deck viable in this meta? There's just so many cards I actually have no idea that even exist so.

sorry for talkin so much - heres my deck anyway

Monsters- 22
Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning x1
Dark Armed Dragon x1
ZW - Lightning Blade x2
ZW - Tornado Bringer x1
ZW - Asura Strike x1
ZW - Unicorn Spear x2
KagetoKage x2
Black Dragon Collarserpent x2
White Dragon Wyverburster x2
Blackwing- Zephyros the Elite x1
Summoner Monk x2
Sacred Crane x1
Star Drawing x1
Heroic Challenger - Assault Halberd x2
Gagaga Gardna x1

Spells - 13
XYZ Change Tactics x2
Generation Force x2
Rank-Up-Magic Limited Barian's Force x2
Rank-Up-Magic Numeron Force x1
Overlay Regen x1
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Raigeki x1
Instant Fusion x2

Traps - 5
Solemn Warning x1
Trap Stun x1
XYZ Block x2
Fiendish Chain x1

Extra Deck - 15
Number 39: Utopia x3
Number S39: Utopia Prime x1
Number C39: Utopia Ray x1
Number C39: Utopia Ray V x1
Number C39: Utopia Ray Victory x1
Number S39: Utopia The Lightning x1
Number 101: Silent Honor ARK x1
Number C101: Silent Honor Dark x1
Gagaga Cowboy x1
Flame Swordsman x1
Elder Entity Norden x1
dark rebellio xyz dragon x1
gagaga samurai x1

at the monent it does work but not v well and seems a bit inconsistent and does end up hand clogging ....

obv money is not an issue so feel free to suggest anything that can help this become good - i mostly stuffed it with Utopia cards because i kinda have a personal favouritism towards the but if some of them need to be replaced then thats alrite as well

also what would a good side deck look like for this deck ? i've never used one before so i could do with some help on it if possible...

thanks for your time

Tim Murphy

ANSWER: Realistically you need to decide whether you want to play Utopia or Chaos Dragons, because those are very different decks with different goals.
I'll show you a Chaos Dragon build here, and if you want to look at Utopia in Future you can always ask.

Generally Chaos Dragon focuses on putting lots of monsters into its Graveyard in order to summon multiple Chaos monsters in a single turn, which means you need both lots of mill cards and lots of Chaos Monsters.

I'd start here:

3 Chaos Sorcerer
3 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
3 Maxx "C"
3 Kuribandit
3 Raiden, Hand of the Lightsworn
2 Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
2 Lightpulsar Dragon
2 Effect Veiler
1 Eclipse Wyvern
1 Juragedo
1 Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
1 Dark Armed Dragon
1 Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
1 Tour Guide from the Underworld
(27)

3 Solar Recharge
2 Charge of the Light Brigade
2 Instant Fusion
2 Allure of Darkness
2 Dark Hole
1 Raigeki
1 Upstart Goblin
1 Reasoning
(14)

1 Elder Entity Norden
1 Thousand Eyes Restrict
1 Leo, the Keeper of the Sacred Tree
1 Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend
1 PSY-Framelord Omega
1 Scrap Dragon
1 The Phantom Knights of Break Sword
1 Dante, Traveller of the Burning Abyss
1 Castel the Skyblaster Musketeer
1 Queen Dragun Djinn
1 Diamond Dire Wolf
1 Abyss Dweller
1 Constellar Ptolemy M7
1 Beatrice, the Eternal Lady
(15)

Give that a go, see what you think.

QUESTION: hmm okay so a few questions if you dont mind me asking please..

1) why use 1 Tour Guide - other than Kuribandit i dont see much use for him in here - or is there something i'm missing - because fi i wanted to use a dark tuner then wouldnt Genex Ally Birdman be a better choice to use instead if at 1 per deck?

2) why include Juragedo - what purpose does he fit in with this?

3) Triple Maxx C - is it really necessary cause the obvious danger i have is i use its effect my opponent then only summons once or at most twice or doesnt after that so the discard / additional draws used from it are sorta useless.. wouldnt something like Denko Sekka be better instead as it gives me protection and is chaos fodder as well?

4) what would a good side deck be for this deck?

5) out of curiorisity what would that Utopia deck build look like ?

many thanks for the help most appreciared

Answer
Tour Guide isn't a Tuner, it's there to Make Dante - which is a LIGHT monster that also mills, making Tour Guide another way to jump-start your primary engine that's superior to a Birdman or another Kuribandit since it can also make Break Sword to remove problem cards in the late game.
there's nothing that's worth bouncing with Birdman, and Level 3 Tuners don't really gel with a High-end oriented Deck.

Juragedo is there primarily as DARK Rank 4 fodder, though it's also a trick that allows you to throw an extra 2800 damage at an opponent during any given Battle Phase.

The Idea is that you chain Maxx "C" to the first effect your opponent activates that special summons, that way you get to draw at least 1 card, and your opponent then has a choice: They can special summon lots of times and try to end the game before the Extra cards matter (at which point you're playing 3 Gorz and Multiple Effect Veiler) or they can stop.
In the case that they stop, Maxx "C" Basically read "Draw a Card, your opponent cannot Special Summon this turn", which I would play 20 copies of if I could.

As for Maxx's purpose in the main deck, this is a combo deck, which means it's aiming to use multiple cards to string together 8000 damage attacks. Maxx is one of the best ways in the format to see Extra cards while interfering with the opposition's plans.

Side Deck is basically going to have to be outs to all the Floodgates that you can't beat, though you can try to play some of your own. This is where things like Denko Sekka go.

3 Ghost Reaper and Winter Cherries
2 Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju
2 Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer
2 Denko Sekka
3 Twin Twisters
3 Anti-Spell Fragrance
(15)

I'd probably start here for a Utopia build:

3 Solar Wind Jammer
3 Star Drawing
3 Goblindbergh
3 Heroic Challenger - Assault Halberd
3 Maxx "C"
2 Gem-Knight Garnet
2 Summoner Monk
2 Sacred Crane
2 Kagetokage
2 ZW - Tornado Bringer
1 ZW - Lightning Blade
1 Performage Trick Clown
(27)

3 Instant Fusion
3 Brilliant Fusion
3 Xyz Change Tactics
1 Raigeki
1 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Soul Charge
1 Upstart Goblin
(13)

1 Elder Entity Norden
1 Panzer Dragon
1 Gem-Knight Seraphinite
2 Number 39 - Utopia
2 Number S39 - Utopia the Lightning
1 Number S39 - Utopia Prime
1 Abyss Dweller
1 Castel the Skyblaster Musketeer
1 ZW - Leo Arms
1 Cyber Dragon Nova
1 Cyber Dragon Infinity
1 Number 61 - Volcasaurus
1 Gaia Dragon - the Thunder Charger
(15)

Yu-Gi-Oh

Exo