Yu-Gi-Oh/Fusion Tag question

Question
Hello Exo,

It is Brian with a ruling on Fusion Tag with summoning VWXYZ Dragon Catapult Cannon. If I were to use 2 Fusion Tag spell cards on 2 Vorse Raider cards(1 being treated ad VW tiger catapult and the other as xyz dragon cannon)am I able to banish the 2 Vorse Raider cards?

I hope that you can help me out with this question.

Sincerely,

Brian H.

Answer
Hi Brian,

We can look at an OCG Ruling for this:

◾To Special Summon "VWXYZ-Dragon Catapult Cannon", you must banish "VW-Tiger Catapult" and "XYZ-Dragon Cannon" from your side of the field. If "V-Tiger Jet" is targeted by 2 copies of "Fusion Tag" by revealing "VW-Tiger Catapult" and "XYZ-Dragon Cannon", it can be treated as "VW-Tiger Catapult" or "XYZ-Dragon Cannon" when used as a Fusion Material, but you must control the other monster to Special Summon "VWXYZ-Dragon Catapult Cannon". (You cannot Special Summon "VWXYZ-Dragon Catapult Cannon" using only 1 monster.)

From this we can see that a monster targeted by "Fusion Tag" can be used for the Contact Fusion of the monster revealed by "Fusion Tag". (It just can't be used as both fusion materials at once...)

So yes, if you had 2 copies of  "Vorse Raider", both targeted by separate copies of "Fusion Tag", you could use them as contact fusion material for "VWXYZ Dragon Catapult Cannon".

Hope that helps.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Exo