Ange wrote at 2013-03-13 01:54:04

In fact there is available research that if you work in an animal research lab, you shouldn't play music during their down-times.

Furthermore, there is a lot of research that shows noise in general can alter behaviour of animals - especially birds. Birds in urban areas will often increase the  pitch of their songs to cut through the loud noise.

Aliou Diongue, Ph.D. Candidate

I can answer questions related to: General entolomogy (specifically in the order of Lepidoptera: Noctuidae), Insect Chemical ecology (in any aspect regarding chemical extraction from plants, semiochemicals bioassay, electrophysiology with insect)and Nematology. I can answer questions in both English and French languages.

I have 13 years experience on entomology, crop protection (entomology) and agronomy.

I belong to Taiwan Entomological Society

1. Diongue, A., N. S. Talekar, Y. F. Chang, and P. Y. Lai. 2004. Ovipositional responses of the tomato fruitworm (Helicoverpa armigera) (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) to the presence of eggs and to different stages of the tomato plant. Plant Prot. Bull. 46 : 303-314.
2. Diongue, A., P. Y. Lai, C. Lin, J. S. Hwang. 2005. Bioassays of Solanum viarum Extracts on the Ovipositional Responses of the Tomato Fruitworm, Helicoverpa armigera (Hübner) (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae). Plant Prot. Bull. 47: 195 - 206.
3. Diongue, A., P. Y. Lai, C. Lin and Y. F. Chang. 2005. Effects of Solanum viarum Cuticular Leaf Extracts and Its Fractions on the Oviposition of Helicoverpa armigera (Hübner) (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae). Formosan Entomol. 25: 23-32.
4. Diongue, A., P. Y. Lai, C. Lin and T. H. Wang. 2005. ?The plant from the Hell"-Solanum viarum (Dunal): New hope for an Environmentally Friendly Method to Control the American Bollworm Helicoverpa armigera (Hübner). Proceedings of the 2005 International ISLS. pp: 126-136.

Ph.D. Candidate on Chemical Ecology-National Pingtung University of Science and Technology - TAIWAN
Master of Science in Entomology - National Pingtung University of Science and Technology - TAIWAN
Advanced Diploma in Crop Protection- Department Crop Protection - AGRHYMET center Niamey- Niger
Diploma of Agriculture and Rural Development- College of Agriculture- Ziguichor SENEGAL

Inventor of "Houe Occidentale Innovee" winner of Senegal National Contest on Invention and Innovation.Awarded by The President of the Republic of Senegal 1991