Zoology/Worm like object in toilet

Last night I discovered this creature at the bottom of the toilet. It moved quite fast and I took a number of photos. I live in the United Kingdom and our water tank feeds the toilet and taps. No one is ill in our house but I am concerned if this creature was in the cold water tank that we may be drinking contaminated water.
Please can you advise ?
I attach a photo but have more if you require;
Thank you for your help.

Hi Louise
This looks like the larva of a large fly but I would like to see another photo. It does not appear to be anything that is carrying any disease. Send any photos to me e-mail address. What feeds the water to your water tank?

Walter Hintz

I can answer questions about both vertebrate and invertebrate zoology. I am an expert in animal behavior, especially birds.

I have taught for over 50 years. I teach college biology courses and I have led tours to the Galapagos Islands and the Belize rain forest