Zoology/Pekin duck

Question
i have a Pekin duck is about 10 months old.There are 3 of us living in our home.Every time I walk down the side walk to my car or from my car to the house, Fluff Butt starts waddling at a fast rate behind me, and will also try and nibble at my feet legs. I am the only one Fluff Butt does this to. Why?

Answer
Hi Brenda
This looks the classical example of "imprinting". It occurs with most waterbirds. For their safety young birds must recognize their parent and follow them. It appears that to Fluff Butt you are its mother. This sounds strange but imprinting in birds is well established

Zoology

Walter Hintz