Zoology/Looks like a Fin

Question
Fin?
Fin?  

Underside
Underside  
Mr Hintz,

I'm hoping that you are able to help me identify this, what appears to be a fin from some type of fish.  The surface is smooth.  I found this on one of my walks down the banks of the Mississippi River near Pevely, MO in August when the water is low.  Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Answer
 Hi Jim
Without actually touching it and examining it up close I can only tell you that I do not believe that is from a fish. It could be piece of bone but to be sure I would have to run some tests on it. Joe heavy is it?
If bone it must be quite old because of the color. Also if it is bone I could not tell what animal it is from

Zoology

Walter Hintz