Zoology/Lions performing in Circus.

Dear Prof Walter

1 Do you feel that the Lions performing in the circus are been given veg food viz Milk,Bread,Rice etc only ?
2 If the answer is yes to the above question and then if now the lion is given Non veg food viz meat,fish etc, do you feel then the lion may kill the trainer or ringmaster or owner?

Hi Prashant
A circus is in the business of making money and lions are assets. All circus owners knew that carnivores cannot stay healthy on a vegetable diet. To do anything that would harm the animals would affect their business in a negative way so my answer is no.

Walter Hintz

I can answer questions about both vertebrate and invertebrate zoology. I am an expert in animal behavior, especially birds.

I have taught for over 50 years. I teach college biology courses and I have led tours to the Galapagos Islands and the Belize rain forest