Zoology/Lions performing in Circus.

Question
Dear Prof Walter

1 Do you feel that the Lions performing in the circus are been given veg food viz Milk,Bread,Rice etc only ?
2 If the answer is yes to the above question and then if now the lion is given Non veg food viz meat,fish etc, do you feel then the lion may kill the trainer or ringmaster or owner?

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Hi Prashant
A circus is in the business of making money and lions are assets. All circus owners knew that carnivores cannot stay healthy on a vegetable diet. To do anything that would harm the animals would affect their business in a negative way so my answer is no.

Zoology

Walter Hintz