iPad/refurbished i pad minis

Thank you so much for your time.  My daughter has been wanting an ipad mini for a long time.  My husband and I are thinking about buying her one for her birthday.  We noticed that has refurbished ones for only $289.00 vs. the new ones for $329.00.  The site states that the full Apple warranty is good until March of the coming year.  Are refurbished ones a good deal?  Thanks again!

Tanya, it depends on where the refurbished models are coming from. If the units are shipping straight from apple then yes the refurbish units are perfect,in fact I will say apple refurbished units are better than new units because they are going through multiple quality control checks.

But Walmart refurbished units could be units that have had problems and customers get the warranty exchanged for a new ipad and Walmart fixes up the damaged ipad and selling them as refurbished which could not mean the good quality you get from apple. You may have some dings or scratches on the screen or hardware problems.

So my opinion is if these are apple refurbished ipads that Walmart is selling for apple then I say 100 percent your safe,but I myself would not buy any refurbished unit from a 3rd party. I would just pay the extra money and get a new one.

I hope this answered your questions,If you need any more help please feel free to ask.

I can answer anything about the iPad and the iPad with LTE. Have any questions about the att or verizion LTE service? Or questions about the iPad itself,I know the answer for you. I can also now help you with any questions you may have with iOS 7 and the iPad mini!

I have owned the iPad since launch,I have owned every single apple mobile device. Im also a IT tech and have taken apart the iPad and put it back together. I know exactly what makes it tick.

Im and expert on this site for the "iphone" section.

I run a website where all my reviews and tech tips are posted on.

I am an IT tech and work for a company that deals with fixing apple products. I have owned almost all apple products.

Im currently an expert on this site for the "iphone" section and received very high rating feedback.