iPad/Ipad Air

I have a friend in sales who wins a lot of tech gadgets.  She has a new/in the box Ipad Air.  I can get it very "reasonably".  I am a naturalist/guide in Alaska and  travel a lot.  Always looking to lighten my airport/travel load.  I was thinking of getting the Ipad as a travel replacement for my laptop.  I know nothing about them/Ipads.  I have a new Lenovo Ultrabook.  All I really do is surf, email and stream Netflix or Couchtuner.  Can an Ipad do these things?  Would it make a reasonable laptop/pc replacement for my travels?  I am hesitant to go Apple because of the IMHO overly/quickly built-in obsolescence factor.

George, yes the iPad will be able to do all of those things listed above and more. An iPad will be a better choice because it is lighter than a computer and will get much better battery life than any computer. You can even get a case that includes a Bluetooth keyboard so you can type just like a real computer on your iPad. One thing I reccomend is getting a lifeproof case for your iPad that will make it completely waterproof so you can bring it with you everywhere and not worry about it getting wet.  Yes there is a new iPad that comes out every year,but remember that technology advances every day,so a computer you buy today will already be outdated next month. So at least with Apple you have a year between product cycles.  One thing to note is apple does update their older iPads with the new software it just may miss a few features.

I hope this helps,you will not go wrong with an iPad. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.  

I can answer anything about the iPad and the iPad with LTE. Have any questions about the att or verizion LTE service? Or questions about the iPad itself,I know the answer for you. I can also now help you with any questions you may have with iOS 7 and the iPad mini!

I have owned the iPad since launch,I have owned every single apple mobile device. Im also a IT tech and have taken apart the iPad and put it back together. I know exactly what makes it tick.

Im and expert on this site for the "iphone" section.

I run a website where all my reviews and tech tips are posted on.

I am an IT tech and work for a company that deals with fixing apple products. I have owned almost all apple products.

Im currently an expert on this site for the "iphone" section and received very high rating feedback.