iPad/volume problems

I had recently bought an iPod 5 but after 1 week i find that the volume suddenly gets muted even though my iPod keeps on showing that the volume is full.When this happens the problem can last hours before finally regaining volume.Do you know what's causing the problem and how I could fix it

Lee,If the problem is intermittent like you explained and just comes back on its own this sounds like either a short or loose connection somewhere. I recommend getting the unit replaced as this is a hardware defect. You can contact Apple and they can replace the device for you.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.  

I can answer anything about the iPad and the iPad with LTE. Have any questions about the att or verizion LTE service? Or questions about the iPad itself,I know the answer for you. I can also now help you with any questions you may have with iOS 7 and the iPad mini!

I have owned the iPad since launch,I have owned every single apple mobile device. Im also a IT tech and have taken apart the iPad and put it back together. I know exactly what makes it tick.

Im and expert on this site for the "iphone" section.

I run a website where all my reviews and tech tips are posted on.

I am an IT tech and work for a company that deals with fixing apple products. I have owned almost all apple products.

Im currently an expert on this site for the "iphone" section and received very high rating feedback.