iPhone/iphone 4s repair

I recently replaced the earpiece speaker on my verizon iphone 4s. The reason for the replacement was the speaker had very little volume. all setting were set correctly, sound just gradually got worse until I decided I needed a replacement. I am very iphone savvy and do all my own repairs and software modifications. The problem I'm having now is that I have NO earpiece volume at all now. I even put the old speaker back in so I could have at least a little sound...still nothing. I have to turn on speaker phone in all calls now. It's not stuck in headphone mode and when I press volume up/down the hub displays "ringer" like it should. I've checked the contact between the speaker and the logicboard and everything else I could think of. Even reset network settings thinking it might just need to reset some settings,but it's obviously a hardware issue. I am completely stumped on this one though. Is there something I'm missing? I've never encountered a problem like this before. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help in advance.

John, you said you used your old speaker that you did know that worked at now it doesn't? To me it sounds like something has shorted out. Did you make sure your connections were connected properly and seated correctly? If you did all that and still no good I would have to expect something shorted out but I can't tell for sure since I can't see the device. I recommend taking it to a local repair shop and have them test the ear piece and phone. Hope this helps.  

I can answer any questions you have with the iPhone. Including hardware and the new iPhone 6 and 6 PLUS. I can also now help you with any questions you may have with iOS 8!!!!!!

I have owned all the iPhone models,and know the phone front and back. I have taken the iPhone apart many times so I know what hardware the phone has and how it operates.

I work with a company that strictly deals in repairs with the iPhone. I also volunteered at a website that dealt with only problems with your iPhone.

I service the public,and the online community.