iPhone/Changing Phones

Question
QUESTION: I have a At&T Samsung galaxy s cell phone. It has started messing up and I am a getting a iphone 3. I was wondering what steps that I would have to take to get my stuff transferred over and also will I get to keep my number that I have on my current phone (the Samsung galaxy s). Do iphones (particularly the iphone 3) use sims cards or do they use some other sort of thing and if they do how must I go about the transfer and such.

ANSWER: Yes the iphone uses a sim card. You should be able to keep your number. What Cell provider do you have? Where are you switching the phones at? Most cell companies have a machine that will transfer all your contacts from your old phone to your new one. Apps of coures wont switch because its a different OS.

If you have any more questions please feel free to write back.

QUESTION: I have AT&T and I am getting the iphone from a friend.

Answer
Yea Take the phone into Att so they can activate the phone and switch you to the right data plan. They do have a computer that can transfer all your contacts over. But your text messages won't be able to transfer. For pictures you can use google drive and upload all your pics from your galaxy to the drive and then redownload them on your iPhone.

Good luck,if you have any more questions just let me know.  

iPhone

Taylor