QUESTION: can I update Iphone3g IOS4.2.1 to IOS4.3. ???

ANSWER: No,the highest iOS version for the 3G is 4.2.1. There will be no possible way of updating past that as apple won't even have the source code for that device in later firmware. Hope this helps.

QUESTION: what known messangers- whatsup,line,skype- type can be install for this Iphone3g 4.2.1. version,,,cus mentioned above requiered 4.3.firmware ?

That's the thing,as apple updates it's dev kit it forces devs to to move up there software also and sometimes that means not supporting older OS versions. I recommend just searching around for chat clients. Maybe do a search in the app store for "chat clients" on your phone. If the apps support your phone then it will allow you to install it on your device.  

I can answer any questions you have with the iPhone. Including hardware and the new iPhone 6 and 6 PLUS. I can also now help you with any questions you may have with iOS 8!!!!!!

I have owned all the iPhone models,and know the phone front and back. I have taken the iPhone apart many times so I know what hardware the phone has and how it operates.

I work with a company that strictly deals in repairs with the iPhone. I also volunteered at a website that dealt with only problems with your iPhone.

I service the public,and the online community.