iPhone/Could not activate cellular network pdp authentication failed

I have an AT&T unlocked iphone3gs. I recently decided to port my number and take my beloved phone to Straight Talk. I did my due diligence and spoke with them for days before deciding to do it. I ordered the sim card, asked AT&T to unlock my phone and ported my number. Briefly when it first came on I had 3g data, but not long. I have to use wifi. I am not always with my wifi so that is not working for me. I called Straight Talk and was told that I was not close enough to the tower and that although in a few feet of me I have alltel 3g, Verizon 3g, tmobile 3g, at&t 3g and straight talk 3g being used successfully without using wifi. I have used the APN utility. I have double checked all the settings I have taken the sim out and shut down the phone then powered it back up and no 3g. Straight Talk has been no help. They suggested I take it to an Apple store but the nearest to me is about 3 hours. Can you help me?

Tracey, When you asked att to unlock your phone did you restore your phone in itunes? In order for the unlock to go through you have to do a complete restore of your iphone. After the restore is done you will get a screen in itunes stating that your phone has been unlocked and straight talk should work.

Let me know if you have done that or if that works.

Good luck!!  

I can answer any questions you have with the iPhone. Including hardware and the new iPhone 6 and 6 PLUS. I can also now help you with any questions you may have with iOS 8!!!!!!

I have owned all the iPhone models,and know the phone front and back. I have taken the iPhone apart many times so I know what hardware the phone has and how it operates.

I work with a company that strictly deals in repairs with the iPhone. I also volunteered at a website that dealt with only problems with your iPhone.

I service the public,and the online community.