iPhone/READ ME

Question
I was wondering would you please tell me: If I sent a iMessage from my iPod touch  to a another person who has a iPhone, iPad, or a iPod touch and my message came up as read, does that mean that the other person has it set up to show you that your message has been read in their device also?

(P.S would you please try to give your answer in a easy way that I can understand)
Thanks

Answer
Cameron, Yes if you see the "read" notification that means they have it set up in their settings,but if you dont have it set up then they cant see if you have read the text message or not.

In order for the "read" notification to pop up the receiver of the iMessage has to of open the message,if they just saw the message on the lock screen etc it will no show up as "read".

Hope this helps!  

iPhone

Taylor