I found an Iphone 6. It had a passcode on it. I'm happy to return it to it's owner but don't know if it's possible what with the passcode on it.
Any suggestions? If it's finders keepers then what would the procedure be to unlock it and transfer data, etc?  Thanks

Beth,if the phone is password locked it is impossible to  do anything with it right now. The owner could activate the lost feature which will display the name and number to contact the owner. But as far as unlocking it you must have the Apple ID and password which only the owner will know. Basically the phone will be a brick unless the owner can get it back and unlock it. I recommend taking the phone to your local police Dept and let them handle it.  

I can answer any questions you have with the iPhone. Including hardware and the new iPhone 6 and 6 PLUS. I can also now help you with any questions you may have with iOS 8!!!!!!

I have owned all the iPhone models,and know the phone front and back. I have taken the iPhone apart many times so I know what hardware the phone has and how it operates.

I work with a company that strictly deals in repairs with the iPhone. I also volunteered at a website that dealt with only problems with your iPhone.

I service the public,and the online community.