Civil War/Civil war

Question
why in the american civil war did they only have white officers?

Answer
During the American Civil War, United States Coloured Troops (USCT) had white officers as it was felt blacks were inferior and could not command, due to attrition it was a policy that did not last long as by the end of the war there were already 80 to 90 Afro American officers. Blacks faced discrimination well into the sixties and some still claim they face discrimination.   The United States was not unique with this policy most of the Colonial armies practiced it; the French was the first to relax the policy while the British held on to it the longest.

I hope this answered your question if not please let me know.  Please tell your family and friends of the service.

Civil War

Gary Adams