Civil War/Artifacts in Varina VA

Civil War Artifacts
Civil War Artifacts  

Civil war artifacts 1
Civil war artifacts 1  
Hi Gary

I found these artifacts in Varina VA near Camp Holly. I was wondering if you have any idea of what they are and if they are part of the Civil War. I am not an expert and was metal detecting with my son on my friends large property.  Thank you very much

Ok, I don't know if the instructions were clear where it said "you had to make arrangements for me to go metal detecting too"? [wink] But on a serious note when making these kinds of pictures you want to shoot on contrasting color a sheet, poster board and have something for scale i.e. quarter.  With that I could only send you to people who do it enough and who have helped in the past.

I don't know anyone anymore, the people I knew are old like me and are retired but most of  them are great guys only too glad to help.  I am sorry I was of no help and only passed the buck.  Good hunting. Gary.

There were many great sites there on Rt 5 just make sure you get permission I would suggest there in writing.  If you go down the route and anywhere it crosses water go check the banks I think you would be surprised and elated. Gary.

Civil War

Gary Adams

If it has to do with the War of Northern Aggression, I have usually been able to answer them all.

Assisted editor Southorn Reenactor, consultant with several books and magazines.

Army of Northern Virginia

Assisted editor Southron Reenactor, consultant with several books and magazines to include Coles.

I have three degrees, sadly not in History.