Infertility/Fertility/infertility and endometriosis and PCOS

Question
Over 2 years ago, I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and a year ago I was diagnosed with Endometriosis as well.  I have already had a laproscopy and DNC done for the endometriosis and I have already had a couple of cysts rupture.  I have had 2 doctors tell me that if I am wanting to try and conceive a baby that I need to do so as quickly as possible because those diseases get progressively worse and cause infertility.  I definitly believe those doctors because they are the best doctors my city has to offer, but my husband did not go with me to either of these appointments and I think he thinks that I am just telling him this so we can go ahead and try to have a baby, but that isn't the case.  I figured I would see what you have to say on this matter and share your response with my husband so that he can see that a medical doctor has confirmed what I have been saying.  So my question is do I need to go ahead and try to have a baby before my conditions get worse?  Will endometriosis and PCOS cause me not to be able to have a baby?  I would appreciate it if you could answer this for me.  Thank you for your time and God Bless You.  

Answer
Hi Misty,

Endometriosis tends to get worse with time, but not always.  Polycystic ovarian syndrome doesn't usually get worse with time, and the treatment of PCOS is usually the same whether you want to try to conceive now or in the near future.

Since endometriosis can be worse with time, many docs suggest getting pregnant sooner rather than later, but as a board certified fertility specialist I think NO ONE should try and become pregnant unless the couple is ready.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Roseff in NJ
visit us at www.reproendo.com

Infertility/Fertility

Scott Roseff, MD, FACOG